Friday, May 11, 2018

Meet the crew, Part 3. Nelio Nelio Batista, mission engineer.



Hello Everyone!

My name is Nelio Batista I'm from Uberlândia-MG-Brazil, I'm Biomedical Engineering undergrad senior.
Since I was a kid my dream was always to be an astronaut and work for NASA. Since I got here in USA as an international student, I had wonderful opportunities to join in space projects and also help on habitat final adjustments and to propose biomedical experiments to the previous Mission(ILMAH IV).
In this mission I'm testing the concept of "How can the Fast prototyping systems like a 3D printer can help astronauts on Mars". I used a 3D printer to create a type of CubeSat to be launched in a High altitude Balloon carrying sensors. I'm loving this mission and this environment, I could stay here FOREVER! Hahaha

To come here to USA I had my flight cancelled by the Hurricane Maria but I was so decided to come and start pursuing my dreams that amazing things happened! Recently, I came from NASA Ames where I'm participating in a project to build a mockup to test concepts of a Mars Drill.

I also joined UND rocket team where I got a great opportunity to practice my engineering skills in the NASA Rocket Competition between more than 40 other US Universities at Marshall Spaceflight Center in Alabama, where we won the 2nd prize on the best website category.

Well, that's it for now! If you would like to know more about me or need a supporting word, feel free to send me a message to nelio.batistadonasci(AT)ndus.edu

Ad Astra!
Tchau!!(bye in portuguese)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home